Security Guard Training | Help Us To Help You
Security Guard Training Courses Carried Out By Trained Experts
Discover what it takes to become a professional security officer by taking part in our wide-ranging security guard courses. At Empire Security Services Ltd, we provide you with the skills required to succeed within this industry.
As well as offering security services, we specialise in SIA licence training, providing a structured programme which will result in you obtaining a recognised security guard training qualification.
Which Security Guard Training Course Is Right For You?
Here at Empire Security Services, we offer a vast array of training courses to help you become the security guard you want to be, but how do you know which course is best for you?
If you are looking to work as a static guard in retail or corporate training then the standard security guard training course will be beneficial for you. However, it is important to note that Security Guard licence holders cannot work in licensed premises. We therefore, recommend doing the SIA Door Supervisor training course as it is a better investment with more job prospects.
Door Supervisor Training Course
This course will provide you with a frontline licence which will cover four areas within the security industry. This includes:
Door Supervision | Retail | Static and Patrol.
This door supervisor course offers a wide curriculum of content, equipping you for various roles across the security industry. It was designed by the Security Industry Authority and offers a straightforward path to securing your SIA door supervisor licence.
The course covers the same units of security guarding but with the additional unit of physical intervention. This additional unit will enable you to perform a far wider variety of roles and will greatly increase your chances of employment, whilst also enabling you to still work in security guarding if you wish. You can work in licensed premises such as bars, clubs, events and festivals which security guards alone may not be able to work in if alcohol is being served.
What is an SIA licence?
The SIA are responsible for licencing and regulating the security industry, ensuring that people within the industry are ‘fit and proper’ as well as being qualified & trained to an acceptable level to do the job.
An SIA licence is a compulsory security guard license that any individual needs before they can undertake designated activities within the private security industry. The licence covers manned guarding, security guarding, door supervision, close protection, cash and valuables in transit, and surveillance using CCTV, key holding, and mobile vehicle patrol.
A wide range of training courses to help you get the career you want.
Door supervisor roles.
Security guarding roles.
Career progression plans.
Our training courses help you get the industry standard qualifications you need to achieve your professional goals.
As fully qualified trainers, we have what it takes to teach you to become a professional security officer. Remember - it is illegal to work without an SIA licence. You will learn:
Unit 1: Working within the Private Security Industry
- Know the main characteristics of the private security industry.
- Understand legislation as it applies to the individual in carrying out a licensable activity
- Understand the importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements
- Understand fire procedures in the workplace
- Understand emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- Understand the importance of communication skills and customer care
Unit 2: Working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry
- Understand the role and objectives of a door supervisor
- Understand civil and criminal law relevant to a door supervisor
- Understand searching relevant to a door supervisor
- Understand powers of arrest relevant to a door supervisor
- Understand drug-misuse issues and procedures relevant to the role of a door supervisor
- Understand incident recording and crime scene preservation relevant to the role of a door supervisor
- Understand licensing law and social responsibility relevant to the role of a door supervisor
- Understand emergency procedures which should be followed by a door supervisor
- Understand how a door supervisor can help to keep vulnerable people safe
- Understand queue management and venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor
Unit 3: Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
- Understand the principles of conflict management appropriate to their role and reduce risk in conflict situations
- Understand how to communicate in emotive situations to de-escalate conflict
- Understand how to develop and use problem solving strategies for resolving conflict
- Understand good practice to follow after conflict situations
Unit 4. Physical Intervention Skills Module
This module was incorporated in the door supervisor qualification in 2010 and the trainer will teach the learners non-pain compliant techniques
- Module 1: Introduction to Physical Skills
- Module 2: Disengagement Techniques
- Module 3: Escorting Techniques
Contact us today for more information about our security guard training courses and SIA licence training. Call us on tel:0845 458 4575